Oak Valley College utilizes a holistic approach to the admission process. Applications are considered based on a number of factors, including:
- Ability to perform college-level work
- Alignment with OVC's mission and values
- Desire to pursue a Bachelor of Art's in Business
- Knowledge and support of studying within a Christian worldview
- Ability to work well with others in a small community of learners
The admission process begins with an online application form, www.oakvalleycollege.org/apply. Interviews are required and evaluative. Applicants may be interviewed in person or by phone. The interview helps students understand the degree program, learn about college requirements, and ask questions about course offerings and services. During the interview, OVC's representative is able to discern how well the applicant understands the OVC mission and culture
In order for an application to be considered complete, you must provide:
- A high school transcript (proof of graduation from a regionally accredited US high school, General Educational Development (GED) Certificate, or equivalent showing graduation or completion of the GED us required before class starts). High school seniors may provide a current transcript in order to gain provisional acceptance.
- Three references - two references are to come from a teacher and/or counselor (or someone familiar with your academic background), and one reference from a pastor, supervisor, coach or other individual familiar with your character and potential fit within OVC's culture. Relatives or close friends may not be used a references. OVC must contact all references, directly. Generic letters of reference may not be submitted, and you may not deliver hard copies of references to the school.
- SAT, ACT, and any other national exam scores (if taken)
- Essay describing how Oak Valley College will help you meet your personal, professional, and spiritual goals
The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications. The Committee consists of at least three individuals - the President, Executive Vice President, Dean, and/or the Dean of Admissions. Typically, applications are reviewed weekly, and you may be notified of your acceptance or denial via the email provided on your application. You may receive conditional admission prior to graduation from high school or completion of your GED.
Admission may be rescinded if you:
- Misrepresented your academic record
- Fail to complete high school graduation at roughly the same academic level, grade point average, and timeframe as was communicated in your application
- Purposely misrepresent information in your application
- Are subject to criminal prosecution or the admission committee learns that you are violating standards outlined in the Oak Valley College Honor Code or Code of Student Conduct
Oak Valley College, compliant with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will admit qualified students of any race, color, creed, national and ethnic origin, disability, and sex, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
Generally, all admission decisions are final. However, if you bring substantial evidence that an error has been made during the admission process or a misrepresentation of your record has become part of your application, you may appeal a denial of admission to the Dean of Admission or the President. Your appeal will be reviewed by the Admission Committee and, if you are granted admission, you will be able to enroll in the next available enrollment period.
The Enrollment Period is generally one month after you have been granted admission. At that time, you are to submit a completed Enrollment Form along with a nonrefundable $250 enrollment deposit. At that time, you are officially enrolled in Oak Valley College. Your enrollment period may be extended at the discretion of the Dean of Admission for a host of reasons. Once you are notified that of a final enrollment date, you must complete your Enrollment Form and submit your deposit by the deadline or your acceptance will be rescinded and you may be required to reapply for admission.
The fee to Apply for Admission is $50. Your application will not be considered without submission of your application fee, which may be paid online or delivered to Oak Valley College in person or by mail.